Monday, October 10, 2005

This blog constantly changes.

Right now it's New York or Bust (Dust in ode to Buffy The Vampire Slayer) because Vman and I have a 20 month plan. Considering how fast months go by these days, I'm sure our EDT will come by quickly.

So I've been investigating things for us already.

I've signed up to www.roommates.com - but need a three day trial of $5.95 to access more information. And most rooms and apartments on there want you to move in now or the next two weeks. So I'm sure I can sign us up for real later.

I've also found www.monster.com and they seem pretty thorough there

But also here's a note from www.lonelyplanet.com about renting in NYC:

"Finding an apt. in NYC SUCKS. Unless, you can afford a realtor at 15% of annual rent. I wouldn't book online unless you knew exactly where you wanted to live and saw lots of pics. I'd do the hostel or stay with a friend. Most apt's you'll have 5 minutes to look at and then decide on the spot if you want to sign, get credit check ($75) and put down 3 months of rent (first, last, security deposit) and 15% to broker. Negotiate 15%-10% if you can. check out newyork.craigslist.com for apt's under no broker no fee. ASK if there is a fee, there usually is.."more

When I find better pages I'll make them permanent links on my blog but tourism page here:
http://www.nyctourist.com/

This page needs serious remodelling too... Oh dear!

I'm committed to wishing and dreaming, so is Vman. We're going to get there, what about you?

If you have any information to share on NYC and being an Australian from Melbourne living there... don't hold your silence... share your dream too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home